SUPPORT NEILA!!


Neila is a talented musician. Neila is an artist and a poet. Neila is a very loving person. Neila is a cancer survivor. Her vocal cord cancer is in remission, although she is still experiencing difficulties. So please read this blog post, check out some photos, check the links for more information and to hear some of Neila’s music, and then, if you can, consider helping her out by ordering an album or some art...




Originally, I was going to interview Neila for this blog post, but then I found this interview that answered most of my general questions! So check it out for the history behind Neila’s vocal cord cancer diagnosis...
http://blog.mrhauer.com/2011/02/interview-4-neila.html

You can order music and/or art from Neila by messaging her on facebook (www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1261085408) or by sending her an email: neila333@gmail.com

Here is some information from Neila’s Facebook page...

FEB 2011
PLEASE SUPPORT MY ALBUM TO HELP PAY FOR HOSPITAL BILLS AND RENT! I have vocal chord cancer, things are looking good, this LAST ALBUM with my real voice, my right vocal chord is altered LIMITED EDITION COLOR VINYL $15 includes shipping for continental US. to order you must email me with your physical address and your email address. THANKS EVERYONE WHO HAS SUPPORTED! ONLY THIS ONE COUNTS...PROD. REZULT, feat. dj handprints,& dj skid

OKay folks there are 150 copies left of the album on vinyl then i will make 77 cassettes and then all pau...THANK YOU to all who have helped me both financially and spiritually, the cancer is now gone and I am healing. i am very grateful, i will start speech therapy and continue to be in the in hospital a few times a month so please spread word about the record...i love u all...THE WAY YOU ARE...love life...

APRIL 2011
Dearest Awesome Frickin People, I am in remission (cancer is gone) BUT this growth is suffocating my poor right vocal chord...I may need one more surgery and this will put me out of work longer. I still have records. THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL THE LOVE

I asked Neila about recording the album, and she said that the entire album was recorded last year in two weeks after she was diagnosed with mouth cancer and was dealing with some personal problems, like being homeless, yikes. And here is some more of what she told me about the current state of her cancer remission:

My voice is getting stronger, there is a granulnoma or a red growth constricting the scar tissue and impeding the recovery so we are monitoring it right now to see what it does and we may have to go back and remove it...im in speech therapy and everyday my voice is getting better, but im on orders to not rap for awhile and that is hard but im working on the childrens book so that keeps me busy!

OK. Here’s a song from the album she is selling, Only This One Counts...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL-UwZYJif0

And finally, enjoy some photos of the album that you should buy because it is SO GOOD, honestly...


Opening the cover...


Side A:


Side B ready to play:


The back cover has ALL the lyrics handwritten with rad drawings. Sample:


Neila loves dinosaurs and yetis, but she had never seen a yetosaur! They love to skate, live underground, and only come out for important reasons like NEILA ALBUMS!


You too can be this peaceful while listening to YOUR NEW NEILA ALBUM!!...


Finally, I mentioned Neila sells art. Check out her facebook (www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1261085408) galleries for samples of her paintings. Thanks for reading, please support Neila, and... PEACE!

1 comment:

Anything Fresh said...

Neila is one of my very best friends, she is my sister and my soulmate. Thank you for making me cry at work. We are having the most amazing benefit show for her on May 12th, 2011 at the New Gabah in LA. Please help spread the word...my info is anythingfresh@gmail.com if you would like to stay posted. PEACE AND THANK YOU FOR SENDING HER THIS BLESSING! -SOLUZ

Post a Comment